Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #508 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

I still need to go through many of these compilations
Will do so during the weekend.

Anyways, i was bored and thought I'll make something different - a black metal compilation!
Yeah, I know, many of you hate it here, but I did try and make this a bit different. As for the imagery or costumes - I really don't care about those...heck, even I think many of these black metalheads are freaking immature and need to grow up, but the music is something I love.(and I really can't explain why...)
Anyways, definitely not for everyone as metal or harsh vocals itself is a turn-off for many here, but who knows. Some of you who don't mind metal might even like this!

Track Listing

1. Nocturnal Mortum - Black Moon Overture - This one is not even metal, but i decided to start the compilation this way

2. Windir - Arntor, Ein Windir - The legendary Windir. My second favorite track from Arntor, only after Saknet. A unique blend of viking, folk and black metal. Sums up windir quite nicely.

3. Sworn - The Beauty of My Funeral

4. Myrkgrav - Tjernet - #3 & #4 are windir influenced black/viking metal. Definitely melodic and intense at the same time.

5. Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns - Getting even more intense here isn't it. Only the strong will survive! The weak would just use the 'skip' button. Damn evil and melodic at the same time.

6. Alcest - Printemps Emeraude - Black metal? or Shoegaze? Well, kinda both with a folky touch to it. There are no harsh vocals here. This would sum up the second half of the compilation...what It's goona sound like.

7. Ulver - Capitel I: I Troldskog Faren Vild - Ahh yes, Ulver's Bergtatt. A landmark folk influenced Black metal album. If you wanna know one of Agalloch's main influence, listen to this. Again, no harsh vocals yet.

8. Drudkh - Wind Of The Night Forests - Another pagan/folk influenced Black Metal band from Ukraine. Beautiful to say the least. Has harsh vocals, but anyone who can handle Agalloch should like this.

9. Gris - Il etait une foret... - More or less in similar vein to what you've been listening to in the second half. This one is a bit more intense though, and the vocals...some you would say It's crap, but It fits the music perfectly here. This is suicidal black metal, and when It's done well, can sound amazing.

10. Windir - Journey To The End - Windir doing It's magic again. This is a bit different from their other songs, but to end a compilation this way screams 'Epic'.

The first half can get a bit intense and might not be all that easy on the ears, but stick with it and you'll eventually like it! It's all definitely melodic though. Headphones recommended although speakers would also work i guess.(Headphones do give a better experience though )
I had to split it into two parts since Mediafire doesn't let me up more than 100mb at a time. If the tracks don't load in this order, please do change it then. Many of you will like the second half, but for a perfect experience download both

Download Part 1
Download Part 2

Last edited by Demonoid; 10-24-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote