Music Banter - View Single Post - Dear god I'm posting an article from Fox news!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
It's not a lie, a read a study two years in the Wall Street Journal that says the voting records of CNN lean more democratic then those of Fox lean republican.

None of the networks are all that blatant. A lot of individuals i.e. Olberman, Hannity etc. are extremely biased, but on the whole they just report the news and their opinions when aprapo. Thanks for calling me a lair though, that was sweet. No need to ask questions or anything.
CNN's voting patterns has nothing to do with the argument at all. Every journalist has their own opinions, like any other citizen. The important thing is how they portray themselves to the public, be it in a written article or in front of the camera for a TV news cast. CNN reporters are very good at keeping the APPEARANCE of neutrality, and reporting both sides of the issues, without betraying their own personal balances.

Compare that to Fox news, and MSNBC. A lot of the personalities on those shows make it VERY obvious which side of the political spectrum they lean towards. This is not good journalism. This should not be called journalism. I do have quite a few complaints about CNN, but outwardly showing a political bias is certainly not one of them.

And in response to wendycal, no, i was not saying that fox was displaying a double standard (well, not right at this moment anyways, they certainly have in the past), I was referring to the fact that the people who made the hanging Palin mannequin adamantly insisted that any similar "commentary" or "joke" made about Obama in the same way would be racist and intolerable. It may be true that there would be racist connotations had an Obama mannequin been hanging from a noose, but if you're going to make that strong of a "joke" about one candidate, don't clam up and play the race card when someone asks what would happen if the same had been done to the other candidate.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote