Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama ~ The Issues
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #264 (permalink)
WendyCal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
No, NOT EVERYONE believed that iraq had WMD's at the time. A huge number of people in the US did not think so, and so did a MASSIVE number of people in canada and other nations.

yes, as i stated earlier, NOW iraq is a hotbed for al-queda operations, after sadam was ousted. they were not, and had not been present before the war.

yes, i do want to say the war was mismanaged. I do want to say that it was a short sighted, and VERY misguided approach to the war on terror. I am making a case against the war based on my personal morals and beliefs.

I do not, however, see this issue as black and white as you do. I do not think that bombing the **** out of a country because of a minority of fanatical people. I do not see that war is the answer in fighting terrorism or anti-wester sentiment in the middle east. Any intelligent person can see that war will never be the answer to this. There has been years of oppression and poverty imposed by puppet governments of the west, and this anti-western sentiment has been so indoctrinated that unless we actually go to the route of the cause, it will never be solved.

People there hate us because they are desperately poor, have no access to education, and have been brainwashed to think that the western infidels are the cause of all their problems. They have seen their governments extort them and drain all resources away to benefit only the rich minority, and they have been told it is the US's fault. BOMBING them isnt going to help increase their regard for the US.
Okay, well, now i'd like to see some sources re:huge number of Americans thought...; MASSIVE numbers of Canadians thought...;

Oh. NOW, it's a hotbed of terrorist activity. Now that we've moved in, guns blazing and all. i don't know about you, but if i was some sort of terrorist? i don't think i'd go to the war, especially if i knew where it was going to be hosted...

Jibber? It was our country that was attacked. It's our decision how to handle that attack. If Canada doesn't like it, oh well. If the U.N. doesn't like it, oh well. WE were attacked, and we retaliated, rather than just sit back and twiddle our thumbs until the citizenry could be polled for ideas.

That's the thing i was talking about, where someONE is in charge.