Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Three auto makers, Ford, GM, Chrysler : Should they be bailed out.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I don't see where someone paying to have a road built turns a profit for them. Why should I pay for a road that everyone is going to use? Do you think roads are made in some kind of an expensive and frivolous way and that can just be transformed into an easily maintained and cheap road so easily? Wouldn't that require you know, researching, testing, development, various trials, etc and doesn't that all cost money? Everyone who contributes to your society in these manners would have to be incredibly rich and to think, a road still wouldn't turn a profit! Why should anyone bother then?
A road can be made by a community working together. The point is, even if there is no profit, a road will be made if there is a demand for it. Researching would have profits involved, however. Privatized roads could charge tolls if they wanted to. However, people may choose not to use it.

Quote:
So your society is donations away from anarchy and chaos, nice. Who's to say how much needs to be donated? And what if the security people want more than the rich can give them because they're too busy trying to make roads for no profit?
Demand decides how much is needed. Demand decides whether roads are paid for or armed forces.

Quote:
How will the army benefit from the capitalist economy? Their pay is dependent on "rationality" and "morality." What if we get invaded? We won't have many allies because I doubt your system of government has any room for being involved in international organizations or having ambassadors or silly things like that. So our nation's defense will depend on how much money we can muster and hopefully some other nation's pity.
The capitalist economy will probably allow the countries companies to be involved with other countries. Certain companies will be powerful and have control over another countries companies. So if one of the countries attacks our country, another country may aid us just because they benefit economically from us.

Quote:
What aren't the citizens paying for here? It seems to me like all the with any money to spare are going to be donating to everything from roads to police to an army and if they don't they'll be fucked because than people will just straight after them. Strikes me as kind of funny you're going on about taxes being immoral and yet your form of government demands you either donate or better make sure you're not successful.
It doesn't demand that. Nature demands that. If other countries are using aggressive force then our system of government is not immoral. Theirs is. Under this system you can donate, or you can not donate. If you don't donate and you reap the natural consequences of it, then that is your fault. However, if the consequence comes from someone else being immoral, other than the government, the government isn't immoral. The person who is being immoral.

Quote:
It's not hard to define fair and even handed. Like you know, not dumping nuclear waste into rivers or oceans, preparing foods in sterile environments. The things our government regulates and demands in industry now.
Dumping on another's property is a violation of property rights. Preparing foods in non-sterile environments is not wrong if someone agrees to eat food knowing that it isn't. If the restaurant claims to be sterile and it isn't then that is a violation of a contractual agreement.

However, the bold I cannot comment on. I do not agree on how our government regulates now. For example, I am against anti-trust laws. Unless you want a moral argument, don't ask me why.

Quote:
So you want to live in a world where our children aren't guaranteed schooling? Dude! WTF?

Are the children supposed to go out and get jobs to finance their education? Why should only the rich kids get to go to school? What did those kids do to earn that right? Nothing. Your system is a terrible system that rewards few and punishes many.
The system does not say only the rich will go to school. There are also other ways of getting education besides school. Remember, the rational will survive. So the irrational who go to school will not even competition for the rational student who learns based off of his own life experiences and apprenticeship.

I have no duty to help out my fellow man. I am not bound by chain to another man. I am an individual and I take no responsibility for another's life.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote