Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Three auto makers, Ford, GM, Chrysler : Should they be bailed out.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Can morality change from person to person? I think so. Since I am capable of having different morals than you, morality is by definition not objective. It is subjective, and to some degree intersubjective within cultures, but is by no means objective. Abstract ideaologies can not be objective.
It is not the right morality if it is not rational. If I were to say God is real, you would say no because I have no proof. This idea of proof is based on the idea that logic our way of observing reality. Morality is not exempt from logic. People can make up their own morality. However, if it is not rational, it will not be the right morality.

Objectivism's morality is not strict. It's morality is based on what is rational. Look at donating to the government. If I am in danger of starving, it would be morally wrong to give my last dollars to someone else, unless I can't live without them. If I was a rich man I can morally give money to someone else if they deserve it. In one case it is wrong to give, in the other it is morally right. This is because both moralities are based on what is rational.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote