Music Banter - View Single Post - First!
Thread: First!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
In my experience they do the opposite , they create more arguments & hostility than any other type of forums. I even know of a few places that have banned political & religious threads because of that very reason. I've seen even the most reasonable & rational of people turn into abusive trolls in these type of discussions.

And for that reason rather than complain about it i'll stay well away from this part of the forum.
With this Mod team I don't see your extreme scenario playing out. I'll say I've learned a lot about Cardboard Adolescent, Unfan, Ethan, Seltzer, Big3, Wayfarer, Adidiasss and so many more of my favorite people to talk with here in the off topic forums, especially in political discourse.

I wish you'd wet your political beak a bit (er a lot) more often, For every WendyCal here, there's a few dozen likable, thoughtful considerate people with some really interesting perspectives to share you might otherwise never hear.

I'll even hold your hand at first, just as long as we don't have to take windy walks together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread