Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Deepest Musical Secret
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double X View Post
I play bass in a 'hard rock' band in my town, we suck balls but people still come to see us in little charity gigs even though are vocalist is sh*t and can't write a song to save his life.

My secret is I adore most singer-songwriters and happy-go-lucky pop when they think I listen to the same crap music as them. I write songs but haven't showed it to my bandmates because they are *******s and would never play them. They aren't experimental, progressive, etc. and wouldn't want to try it. But I stay with them anyways because they are my close friends and I enjoy playing with them, just not the actual music we play. I also want to make our sound different with weird dubs and whatnot, but they just thought it sounded like sh*t...
I sympathize. I think that happens a lot. When I was in my teens I was in this crappy metal band with a group of guys whose taste in music was pretty much limited to the Metallica to Led Zeppelin range. They weren't very receptive to my ideas about trying to go in other directions but it was fun while it lasted. It wasn't until I got into my 20s that I started working on music with people who had a broader musical vision.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote