Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I don't really understand your thought process here in the slightest. How could an indifferent universe make your life meaningless but an indifferent "God" make your life meaningful?
Because even if God is indifferent to the daily workings of our lives, he/she/it is still the creator in a certain sense correct? If the universe was given shape by some kind of sentience (a rather interesting thought compared to simply saying that there is nothing but emptiness and coincidence out there), then that would imply that our own development as a species has something to strive for beyond merely living as organisms of instinct. An indifferent universe, however, tells me that my ability to think is worthless and that when I die, I will just vanish into an inevitable state of nothing. Quite depressing really: Why BE HERE with our mental faculties if nothing we do in our lives matters to us personally after death?

So, following my logic that I described from the last post, I pick the indifferent God over the indifferent universe for rather obvious reasons. Maybe it won't be possible within any length of time we can fathom, but if there is something out there beyond the wall of night that started everything, then someday we will surely find it and answer certain questions that the scientific method is unable to touch.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-22-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote