Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #124 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfa View Post
to be honest. i didnt like the anime. it got annoying to me. it had a couple up points that i liked but for the most part i found it to be a bad imitation of DBZ. of course, a LOT of anime is a bad imitation of DBZ.........DBGT for example.
I'm tired of the DBZ comparisons, it's not really like DBZ at all, other than the fact that it's a fighting shonen, and for that you could make the same kind of comparisons with Naruto, Inuyasha, One Piece and so on. Bleach has the distinction of course, of being far superior to all of the other fighting shonen out there. While it includes many of the same cliches (characters that strive to become more powerful, long talks about how said power works, characters flat out refuse to die, etc) as most shonen, it also expands on what fighting shonen usually lacks, mainly character development, plots that aren't too convoluted and more unique ideas and visuals overall. This among other things has helped Bleach crossover to people who aren't particularly fans of shonen.

If you wan't something on a more artistic level, then obviously there's better anime out there. But as far as shonen goes, Bleach is king, if you want a fun action packed anime, Bleach is it.

Quote:
actually i tend to dislike anime in general because it is ridiculously overdramatized. take Ranma 1/2 for instance. Manga was amazingly funny and was built around anticlimactic events, gender confusion, martial arts, and of course misunderstandings. When it got turned into an anime they overdramatized it so much that it became more of a soap opera and lost a lot of humor.
Really? I haven't read the manga but I find the anime to be pretty humorous.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote