Music Banter - View Single Post - Ashes to Ashes: A reintroduction to my personal music library
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Default Morning View

Album #10: Morning View (2001)
Incubus
Genre: Alternative Rock
Dedicated to MB Member: Rezz

1. "Nice to Know You"
2. "Circles"
3. "Wish You Were Here"
4. "Just a Phase"
5. "11am"
6. "Blood on the Ground"
7. "Mexico"
8. "Warning"
9. "Echo"
10. "Have You Ever"
11. "Are You In?”
12. "Under My Umbrella"
13. "Aqueous Transmission"

The last really good Incubus album and, in retrospect, perhaps not coincidentally their last effort featuring bassist Alex Katunich. This is probably their third best album, I prefer the previous two efforts (S.C.I.E.N.C.E and Make Yourself) which are a little heavier in particular “Science”. Still there are some very good and memorable tracks that hold up quite well. “Just a Phase” “Mexico” and “Warning” were all really enjoyable to listen to and “Echo” and “Are You In” were much better then I remembered. There is still a fading element of that sort of cosmic sound that has always set Incubus apart from the rest of their contemporary alternative rockers of the late nineties and early part of this decade.
Variety is not a typical characteristic of an Incubus album and despite this being far from an eclectic collection does feature a good deal more range then previous albums. The opening tracks are energetic and typical of Incubus at first glance, there is that typical presence of a softer side underneath but it’s more intentional on this album. “11 am” “Have You Ever” and “Aqueous Transmission sound nothing like any other Incubus songs before them. It’s an album that’s easy to forget about or overlook hidden between the Commercial mega success “Make Yourself” and the Shark Jumping “A Crow Left of the Murder” but it’s a satisfying final chapter to my favorite alternative rock trilogy of its span.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote