Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Reasons why MB sucks.
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #111 (permalink)
justnic
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
Being a musician obviously puts music in a different perspective. I just don't think that not being one makes your opinions void (which you cleared up in your last comment that that's probably not what were implying). Someone who doesn't play music probably doesn't have much room to speak on the originality of a band unless they're a total rip off.
Most definitely, it wasn't my intent to attack non-musicians, I just want them to see how much is put into the songs they listen to. I just find some people can become really vicious about these sorts of things, and it's just amazing. I respect anyone who puts themselves out there, whether or not its music. It could be any art for that matter, I respect that. I don't however respect angsty teens who completely rip apart this band or that band because it doesn't fit their ridiculous standards, because lets face it, how the hell CAN you relate to a teenager who constantly flip flops on how they feel for the moment. We've all been there, we know its true. So, like I said, they can say something, sure, but would I like to see them take a stab at it first? Why not, might round them up a bit culturally. Hopefully.