Music Banter - View Single Post - Faith No More to reunite for Coachella 2009
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
^ Malpractice?

I kind of figured it wouldn't have happened; even if everyone else would do it Mike still has his head so far up his ass he can't see that nothing he's done post-FNM is good comparatively speaking.
yeah that's malpractice.

i disagree that it's a matter of patton's head being up his ass though. he's always had a negative attitude towards mainstream rock cliches and what's more cliche than a seminal band coming back together for a reunion? no band EVER reunites for more than a one-of show for any other reason than money.

if he actually did have his head up his ego's ass he'd likely do the reunion to teach today's kids what 'good' rock music is about. just like what the eagles and the doors did in the last few years.... at least patton has the guts to keep pushing the envelope when he really doesn't need to anymore.

he obviously doesn't hate the old material if he's willing to do random tracks here and there, but FNM has always been the bill paying band. it was his day job while he pursued his own interests with mr. bungle (you must have noticed the shirt in the 'epic' video). the attitude was rather clear in interviews during the early 90s as well.

unless ipecac records starts hemorrhaging money really bad i really don't think we'll ever see a patton lead FNM reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote