Music Banter - View Single Post - OK Computer - Radiohead
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
phantom133pz
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeAndno View Post
There seems to be three albums that teenagers rate very highly in their life, and usually, after reading their accounts, it turns out that before they listened to either of them they listened to chart crap. And then they discovered 'this' album and it changed their perception of music forever, what an album could achieve etc etc. They hold this album dear to them for the rest of their lives, never quite liking any other album above it.

'this' album is always one of the following:

OK Computer
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Err... what? I listened to all chart **** more or less until a couple years ago, I always enjoyed music but when I was 15 and started smoking I really started looking into new bands, and found punk and alternative (indie? I don't like using that as a genre...). I don't like Radiohead; my mom got really into them when I was 9 or 10 and I heard OK Computer many, many times, and never really enjoyed it. I do enjoy the other two, but certainly didn't feel that either of them changed my perception of music. That happened when I started reading music blogs and magazines like the Big Takeover
phantom133pz is offline   Reply With Quote