Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter's Essential Collections Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
iksosept
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
then it's probably easier making spinoff-threads for subgenres once you know that people are willing to contribute to that than do it before you know.
I disagree on that, I don't think once you let people post their lists and then realize that it would be better to divide the genre, it will be easy. You can't just split the lists, so you have to let everyone post new lists again.

Isn't it possible to do the thinking before it starts? I mean, thats what this topic here is about, everyone should say which categories are good and which they believe aren't neccessary, and when a group of maybe 15 people on here have done that, we know which categories to keep and which to drop.

Your idea could be more accurate, as we see what happens and then decide what to do, but I would prefer this idea, as the proccess of submitting albums in the topics will probably be more fluent.

Plus, I asked Jackhammer to set a Minimum of 5 records, but would now ask to set the minimum lower again - because with the point system that you posted, the people that would only post 1 album aren't a problem anymore (as I thought they were...). theirs just doesn't count as much. If you want your top album to have some more points you just have to name more.

And that would also solve your problem, toretorden, if you only know 3 great world music albums, that's ok. if anyone else knows 7, his just have more weight.

And, with which genre would you merge world music with anyway?
iksosept is offline   Reply With Quote