Music Banter - View Single Post - Les Rallizes Dénudés
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Ech, I was a bit obsessed with them when I started this thread, depends on your preferences I guess and your disposition to noise. Best soaked up on headphones night-walking or at 5am short of 48 hours sleep
They reflect a kind of overpowering numbness and cosmic doom... Les Rallizes were obscenely ahead of their time, I am genuinely surprised at their Last.fm listening figures aswell - always thought the 'cult' would be much larger.

You are right though Demonoid, there are not many of their 20-minute epics that garner repeated listens on my end either, it's not that kind of music. It's trippy sh*t, like Velvet Underground force-fed My Bloody Valentine records by a time-traveling wizard. Or some other media hyperbole

However I do think it is commonly acknowledged by all that have lighted upon it that 'Night of the Assassins' is one of the Great Lost Riffs. The mystique (i.e. total absence of any facts whatsoever) surrounding the group and it's leader also bolsters the sinister power of the music I feel

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 02-24-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote