Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Barack Obama Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #146 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Yes i do..

Q:Why do the unions picket and protest?
A:Because they want more money.

How can that not be correct? They will bitch and complain till they get there way. Why do you say that these ppl are so down and out. Didnt they take the job? And if so was it enough then? So with out even thinking about it its obvious.. Its easier to give ppl already pushing your product through the production lines more money than it is to hire all new ppl when these gas guzzling **** darts are in demand. Now how is that not obvious to you. Whats the difference in 28 or 30 dollars an hour. This crap has been happening for years now and it has finally caught up to these companies. Bottom line is that now it costs more to make the car. So much more in fact that they cant turn a profit. I know its not all the ppl in the unions fault since the company decided to take the easy way out but if you look at honda or toyota they make reasonable salaries and have reasonable retirements on the other hand these union workers are going to be high and dry for biting the hand that feeds. Whats better i ask you Sleepy something or nothing? Does that make sense to you yet?
You don't know what you're talking about at all. Workers unionize to get fair benefits (which usually consist of dental, health care, lunch breaks, things of that nature. I've never heard of union coming together to demand thirty dollars an hour.) They don't do it to make absurd demands. The auto companies aren't going under because of workers demanding too much money they're going under because of poor business decisions (which consist of making cars that aren't fuel efficient and nobody wants.)
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote