Music Banter - View Single Post - darkcornerinthecloset's Songwriting Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #111 (permalink)
darkcornerinthecloset
Music Addict

in response to 7gaugejames:

1) that is correct, in theory. however, because the opening word is "ironic" that is a bit of a moot point. you are correct, so should i change the first stanza around? i like the line itself because it is poetic, and im not thrilled to do so it if thats what you propose.
2) the actors are liars because the very act of acting is in itself a lie.
3) there is no one in the audience. the patrons are onstage themselves, living their own lives and acting out their own farce, a farce that is coincidentally a lie because they dont realize how miserable they are, reading of a script tailored by fate. it reflects shallowness or disillusioned happiness, whichever makes most sense to the reader.
1 & 2) does cursing not show frustration? when frustrated i personally swear like a sailor
3) i feel i cannot be definite in that statement because i have no definite answer in itself. if i say it is good that they dont notice the problems between me and my spouse, then that ruins the point of me saying that truth is good and lies are bad. if i say it is a bad thing, then that is saying i want to end the relationship with that person. i want to do neither, and would rather be confused and frustrated than a miserable hypocrite.

there is a literal meaning too, that we were onstage together with PDA, and no one noticed cause theyre too caught up in their own lives and actions at that moment. i have been doing that a lot lately; having the literal and metaphorical meanings both in my poems, and i think it has made an improvement. thank you for your input
darkcornerinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote