Music Banter - View Single Post - My most recent poem
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

I think that's an interesting concept, and I like it. Do you mean keep from feeling anything at all? The protagonist obviously doesn't want to feel anything throughout the entire poem, It's actually his method of achieving feeling nothing at all which eventually takes his friends, family, self-worth, and most importantly who he is emotionally (in my version anyway); IMO basically leaving him as nothing to the world and nothing to himself but his achieved vegatative state. The question of his pain (in my version) only comes when diving deep into the conecepts, seeing as how it never speaks of why he needs to be so fukking gone, it's only implied that he has some pain he is running from. I suppose it's also implied that there is some actual emotional pain he must be experiencing in the fact that he changes throughout the poem, and in the fact that he offs himself in the end. After all, why would all his friends/possesions being gone and his worth to himself and the world effect him at all if there wasn't some part of him not in this bliss and vegatative state, actually feeling/running from some sort of pain. Personally, I like my ending because it highlights how his worth disintegrates and I think serves a few good points. Your is great too, though, and to each is own anyhow.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote