Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #82 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by likuidcoka View Post
do any of yall got kids? Thats my first question.
i got three children 11,8 and 4.

Do i spank em? GOttDamm right I do, if they Try to Disrespect me or an Elder.
(children test their limits) thats a fact.( not my lil one tho) shes still learnin REspect.
IF you dont give a $hit bout your child you will let him do whatever the fack he/she wants to do with out callin him/her out.

That IMO is messed up.
I would rather my kids know whats up and whats expected from them and whats expected from THier mommas side, than be all weird and shady bout $hit!
I agree that kids need negative consequences for negative actions and I also agree that punishment needs to be consistent so they know what goes and what doesn't.

However, have you ever thought about replacing the ass-whoopin' with another less physical method like timeout? Or do you feel that physical punishment is the only viable option here?

And this might be a weird thing to ask, but do you feel like if your children don't respond well to spanking, the solution is to spank them harder next time? I'm guessing I would because it seems intuitive.