Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #1626 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

106 YouTube Tributes

For the sake of this post I shall be selecting a song at random.

The song that came up was April Skies by The Jesus & Mary Chain.

Now say I want to find a video of this song on YouTube. As usual I have to scroll through endless shitty mobile phone taken videos as I mentioned earlier but now I have a new horror to sort through. Fan made tributes.

I'm not talking about fan made videos that use the original song , those can sometimes be quite good. I'm talking about finding a video of a song you like only to discover it's not the band you like at all. It's prick sitting on a sofa plucking his way badly through your favourite song with an acoustic guitar in a sad attempt to impress both his friends.

Look ! If I want to watch a Jesus & Mary Chain video I want big 80s hair , feedback , attitude. I don't want to see your fat pasty face murdering a song I like. And what's worse is you still put the name of the band and the song in the title and don't bother to mention it's you doing the song until you see the video's description AFTER you've loaded the page.

Are William & Jim Reid sitting on the sofa with you?

No they're not so don't call it a Jesus & Mary Chain video you fucking moron. Why not write as a title Here's me ruining a classic Mary Chain song so we all know where we stand.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote