Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #81 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
It's not evidence, it's justification for my beliefs

You're right, there's no burden, it is a voluntary discussion. But it is a sincere question that begs an answer from all atheists

Though since you're agnostic, I suppose that changes my stance a bit
It's an arrogant question to be posed by a theist since a theist can offer no proof for the existence of god. Saying "my faith tells me it's correct" is a complete cop out because you're claiming belief in magical things, that I would consider highly improbable almost to the point of impossibility, based only on the grounds that you believe it to be true. I'm not saying you don't have the right to believe that however I have the right to say it's unfounded (which it is.) So how about before you attack anyone for pretending to be an enlightened adolescent charlatan you acknowledge the fact that your argument is ultimately an unprovable and baseless one whereas the belief in secular values, theories and the scientific process isn't.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote