Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #102 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I'm not going to do this point for point thing as apparently it annoys many people. Religion can lay no claims to morality though; it existed before the advent of monotheism. You can't look at a murderer and go "well he was an atheist" and leave it at that. There were other ideas operative there that drove him to murder, be they greed or envy. I'm so sick of Evangelicals looking at secularists and claiming them to be immoral. I've never heard of a murder driven by skeptical inquiry. I have however heard of the crusades.

Secondly your arguments are all some of the most arrogant I've heard. Not only all they are faith based and anecdotal, as opposed to fact based but they're vague and can be applied to anything.
All I'm saying about Christianity is that it guides people down the right path, lots of people who could've done very bad things have chosen faith instead (I should know, I've talked to people who were thinking suicidally). People who don't have faith obviously won't use religion as justification, as their is no set principles for non-believing
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote