Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Roles
Thread: Gender Roles
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #129 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber View Post
Like Vanilla said, there are other factors that take place in forming a person's capacity to perform well in a certain profession. Now obviously I know that you weren't implying that men are always going to be good in math and science, women good at language arts. But while it is true that most men's brains operate on a level that generally makes them more well suited to math and science fields, and women's brains function in a way that generally make them more well suited to more creative fields, I think that the society as well as the demands of a job make this quite irrelevant.

For one thing, in a lot of research positions (be it in science or mathematics) the capacity for creative thinking is a fundamental part of it. Science has gotten to a point where it is no longer just a number geek punching along at equations with a super focused mind bent on nothing else but the task at hand. Therefore, the left-brained, more creative types (which research has shown is represented in women more than men) would really be just as suited to the work as a right-brained person.

I think the trend you see nowadays in the predominance of men in these fields has more to do with social implications and traditional views than it does biology.
Well I'm retiring then, do your research and you will find that its not based on opinion its based on fact. If you think that it is sexist for the man to be the way he has been for 90000 years then give me a pair of breasts, so i can do the same as that of a women.

There is no opinion when it comes down to a scientific answer based off our culture, technology, and basic Knowledge which is where the resources came from.. If we were talking about something with a broader meaning there would not be this type of impact, but to carry on this thread is pointless.

You know why your here, and your role, if its sexist then you question natures design not mine. Your obvious neglect to understand what Im saying or cop out tactics are ridiculous. You have no argument with me and I am not arguing with you. I will admit that I have been drinking, so it is easier for me to lay down the obvious, which by the way should not offend you since we need both male and female =. Don't say its and opinion since its fact, and since by saying that you basically say you have no reason to be here which is also not true. (please by the way, I know you know what i mean and I have been drinking, so dont try to avoid what i am saying cause ill get you when im sober)

SNL is on , Seth Rogan is on, and I dont have time right now to agree with anyone, do me a favor and do some research before you post. I have had this problem myself and only hope that you don't continue to make the same mistakes i did. Opinions are how you perceive something, facts will destroy them, thus changing your thought and opinion .

V/r

Yukon