Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #179 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
It's my opinion that corrupting somebody's mind is one of the worst human crimes. Especially when it starts from infancy. Its programming, pure and simple, and its something that I strongly disagree with.

I feel like I just lucked out in the parents department sometimes, because they explained Christianity to us in a fairly objective way, and then let us explore it for ourselves. And naturally, I see the initial Christian messages as no more than simple human morals. Be respectful, be accepting, be honorable, to everyone. Its when an agenda got involved is when it got perverted. That's when they started saying: "Thou shalt not kill... unless we tell you to."
I actually had just this conversation with a friend of mine recently. The fact that people twist the minds of children to benefit their own biased views of life sickens me, because that child has no chance and his/her mind will be completely warped. Though it's hard to say that because at the same time, those people probably feel they're doing good, because if they didn't preach Christianity (or whatever belief), they'd be "wrong" as parents. Also, without even trying, your kids will emulate you to some respect, so in some ways you're always casting your beliefs on them.

But anyways, overall I agree completely. It's almost as if you're robbing that person of their life before they even have the choice. How can there be a bigger crime then that?
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote