Music Banter - View Single Post - When did you start losing interest in Hip Hop and start listening to other genres?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

OP , I think you are taking what he says too literally. I think he meant that he's bored with the current state of traditional hip hop....so he's trying his hand at alternative hip hop I would say.

Hip hop is constantly evolving and he wants to be part of the new generation that helps to push hip hop to it's limits where it dips into other genres and mixes them together.

I've noticed lately that alot of Hip Hop and R&B are relying heavily on dance/house music. That's like the "in" fade right now. I don't see it as a negative thing it's just something that's different and people are trying it out. I like this hip hop/dance music fusion.

I've always like Hip Hop/Rock fusion but only a few can pull it off well. I know i'm going to get bashed for saying this but Linkin' Park is one of them. To name a few others....Hollywood Undead, Limp Bizkit(I know I know shame on me), Saliva, P.O.D. and there are some more just can't think of them off the top of my head. People that aren't open minded and only like rock or only like hip hop can't appreciate those bands
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote