Music Banter - View Single Post - Movie Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
City of God is a great film, definitely in my top 10 favorite films. So powerful. Fernando Meirelles is a gifted director.

If you liked City of God, you should check out Tsotsi, which is a film in the same vein of storytelling.

I recently watched a Swedish film called "Let the Right One In" that I highly recommend. It's a hit among horror fans. It's more of a psychological drama about it 12-year-old boy's relationship with the girl that moved in next door, who happens to be a vampire. The pacing is a bit slow, so if you can't hanlde that, I wouldn't recommend that you see this film.

and I fourth the Into The Wild recommendation. It's Sean Penn's best work. If you haven't read the book by Jon Krakauer, I highly recommend that you pick it up.
I was trying to think of Tsotsi. I like that one too! I think its African. Good stuff, thanks.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote