Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #216 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantSack View Post
What exactly is in effect?

I'm not going to tell you that "you're wrong" just because I disagree with you. You have your reasons for doing and saying whatever it is that you do, just as I do and everybody else on this site and around the world. That is to say everybody is right in their own mind unless its a matter of physical method to achieve a desired result.

But I can tell you why I disagree.

"Hell", as it exists in the realm of religious ideology, is to me, a threat promulgated by a deep-seated phobia usually instilled at a very young age. It's an Old Wives' Tale. And its that kind of brainwash that I desperately hope that mankind will lose it's taste for.
To me, a real Hell is a living Hell. One you know as you live it. Failing a loved one in a way that you can never ever compensate for or not attaining your life's greatest ambition are a couple of ideas I could imagine.
So. Your "Hell". The whole "Lake of Fire, Nine Circles, Fire-Everywhere-And-Yet-Its-Still-Dark" scenario? Threatening somebody with that just because they told you to mind your own business just seems like a dick move to me. That's why I don't agree with it.
So what is heaven?