Music Banter - View Single Post - Wikipedia Musicbanter
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
Well i'll just post what I have done in my mind right now so here it is:

MUSICBANTER(site)

INTRO:
MusicBanter is one of the largest music-only forum sites on the worldwide internet. Started on 12-18-2003, using Vbulletin, MusicBanter has rose up over many other forum sites. With over half a million posts there is alot going on. Today there is roughly 28,000 members, and more coming everyday from all diffrent countrys,cultures, and religions. With 28 sections in this forum, MusicBanter covers every genre of music from genral rock to hip-hop from country to french. MusicBanter also makes things "FUN" with the areas called "The Lounge" where you can just sit and talk/get to know the community of MusicBanter and talk about life/sports/current events. There is also a spot at the lower portion of the site called the "Shoutbox" were members can just type to each other, basically a little version of a chat room. There are also bigger sized chatrooms you can go to.

Rules/Faq/ect.

The rules of MusicBanter are very straight forward and easy to follow. They are posted in every section of the forum. MusicBanter is totally a non-profit, independant site. Therefore the moderators earn no monetary/material pay. MusicBanter prides itself on good manners and good internet ettiquet. This site does not put up with spam, Because being a non-profit website there are no ad's therefore they dont need any spamming of the forum with unwanted ad's.
This is not good at all. It's subjective and instead of sticking to categories, random bits of info pop up everywhere.

As an example, I would think it should go more like this :

Quote:
MusicBanter is currently the largest music internet community. It's boards are generally used for discussion on different topics in music.

History
MusicBanter was started by blabla in 200X and was run by blabla until 200X when it was bought by blibli.

Content
Musicbanter contains forums where users can read and submit album reviews as well as forums for general or genre specific discussions on music. It also has forums for discussions on software, equipment and a lounge area for non-music related topics.
The point is you should write descriptive and you should know where your info should go. Don't talk about general description, content, vbulletin versions, rules and history all in one place. Split them up and make categories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2
MusicBanter also makes things "FUN" with the areas called "The Lounge" where you can just sit and talk/get to know the community of MusicBanter and talk about life/sports/current events
This bit was particularly bad. If your article is no objective, it will get deleted. Write it as if you were not a member of MusicBanter, just an observer.