Music Banter - View Single Post - I will judge an album by the cover.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

When i see the album cover if it looks classy then I will be interested but I always do a quick scan on Wiki. I used to just buy albums willy nilly and ended up getting loads of ****e i didnt like but now I am into so much more genres and bands that I know pretty much 9/10 most of the time whether Ill like them or not.
But thats the whole point of the cover art its just a marketing technique. But people who buy albums just because of the cover are wasting their money (IMO). Also I sometimes try to use the cover art to try and get an idea of what the music would be like but it is pretty tough.
One example is The Good The Bad & The Queen (were a one off band with Damon Albarn, Pete Tong(from The Verve) & Paul Simonon (The Clash).
I originally thought from the cover that the theme was ancient london but after reading on wiki it was actually about modern london and damon albarn described it as "a song cycle that's also a mystery play about London".
Attached Thumbnails
I will judge an album by the cover.-goodbadqueenalbum.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote