Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:03 AM   #63 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I'm from Norway where I wouldn't say we get exposed to a lot of anti-marijuana propaganda. People care generally little about it, but I'd still say it's relatively common knowledge that there are negative effects to it. I'm saying this because it looks like you believe that everything negative about it is being produced by some american propaganda machine and while you as americans should know much more about that than I do, I still don't agree that marijuana is harmless.

Legalizing marijuana might not lead to a decrease in marijuana related crimes. It could lead to an increase. For example it might become illegal to drive under the influence (in some cases, it most definetly should be), so those crimes should be higher. If marijuana was taxed which is the only feasible way to get something (money) from it, homegrowing for selling should be illegal because they feed the black market and so that would likely still be illegal .. and homegrowing and selling being so simple, that could lead to a lot of marijuana crimes.