Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #64 (permalink)
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I'm aware of it's benefits for example as medicine (pain reliever) or the benefits of hemp (which is legal). Both of those uses should be (and are I guess?) legal.
Medicinally, it's not just a pain reliever. I use it for insomnia, relaxation, creativity (sometimes), cramps, and headaches. Yes, hemp is legal, but marijuana's terrible reputation has forever tainted hemp usage. I mentioned earlier in the thread that hemp seeds are a super food. They have every essential amino acid for you. This include SEVEN amino acids that are extremely rare or nonexistent in other food groups, not to mention other seeds, and your body can't make these amino acids on it's own. Sure, it's legal, but there are a certain group of ignorant people who will steer clear of this scene no matter how healthy it's proven to be. As for medicinal smoke, I think it's a great step so far, but if it's only available in SOME states. Does that mean grandpas gotta fly to Cali everytime he needs to re-up? Also, if you compare marijuana to the prescription pills tossed at us (a lot of whom are children) today, which is healthier? What are the statistics on kids overdosing on marijuana? What are the statistics of drunk-driving vs. high-driving? You know, fuck stats. It's a crock of shit anyway. Just take a look at your own community and tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
edit :
About the self-centered thing, if something is detrimental to society - that means it will be detrimental to you as well, so you can extrapolate your thinking to include society also for selfish motives ..
(I guess your point is that we're all selfish)
Getting carried away, I know, but I've got to finish answering you!

Lastly, please don't tell me I am a detriment to the society because I get high when there are human traffickers, pedophiles and politicians still existent in our society. Yes, I get high, but don't clump me up in the nonproductive, lazy stoner category. Basically, what I'm tryin' to say is I get shit done, yo.

And yes, my point is that we are all selfish. I'm pretty sure I was clear on that. I'm actually kind of confused on what you said about it. Since when does being selfish include others? Also, do you ever think that it could be the anti-marijuana activists that are being selfish? I'm not asking for the government to sell dime bags to pregnant women and 5 year olds. I just want freedom to smoke a joint in my front yard if I desire. I want more access to alternative ways of consuming marijuana rather than just smoking it. I don't want to get arrested for a petty nickle bag and be forced to go to church (yes, this really happened). ****, I just wanna kick back, blaze and listen to some good tunes.

Alright, alright I'm done.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote