Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #356 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Before you rely too much on human experience, you should know what humans are capable of in regards to suggestion, placebos etc. We affect ourselves more than you might think. In another thread, I posted a vid where they set up a fake ghost story, then get unkowing mediums to investigate it. One of the mediums actually gets posessed by the fake ghost (named George Bull for "bull****") and actually thinks she has a real "possession" experience.

I don't think it's unlikely at all that people who try out ouija for example feel like they have some kind of paranormal experience. Especially if you throw a little fear into the mix, people can imagine or "suggest" to themselves some rather weird things. Would the ghosts or demons be there when the sun is out and the birds are singing though?

I've also had "paranormal" experiences, but I don't think of them as such. I think it was a mixture of fear and other things leading to mind tricks.

Also, a thing about coincidence is that if you are to take 6 numbers at random between 1 and a million, the chance of getting 1 every time is just as high as getting a sequence of different numbers. Many people don't understand probability and humans have a highly developed ability to make associations where there are none, such as associating the slamming of a door with an unknown presence. Put people in a "ghost house", let the wind close a door - they might believe it was a ghost.
knowing the nature of the said items that slammed shut and suddenly turned on and fell, it's hard to fathom it was just mind tricks and that would have happened regardless of what we were doing at the time. It has never happened before or after this experience, only during at the very moment we asked it to happen. Sh1t, I wish everything was like that... "send me a million bucks" POOF!!! wow, a million bucks!! must be a coincidence

I could have subconsciously dreamed of my grandfather waving goodbye knowing he was dying of cancer... but how do you explain him being in the same suit he would be buried in? a suit I've never seen prior? and being a day after he actually died? did I just happen to be thinking of the color blue at the time and coincidentally he had just died and would be in that suit? again... I need to start playing the lottery now, I have some good mind trick abilities

I know the whole ouija board theory has been debunked several times, the table raising story is different then people moving a game piece around the board with there hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
How did we go from god to ghosts?
a similar subject I think.