Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 AM   #135 (permalink)
daysleeper1985
Groupie

Location: remember that place next to the floating antelopes? not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post

But anyway what are everyones thoughts on the new album?

I'm beginning to come around to it...I feel the biggest disadvantage to being a modern Bob Dylan fan, or at least a young Bob Dylan fan is that we haven't had a chance to grow with him,develop our thoughts and our appreciation of him, in a relative period of time that is, is severely dented. We are of generation where instead of there being a 35 year gap between hearing blood on the tracks for the first time and together through life there can be a period of time as short of 4 years(in my case) and it is very difficult to appreciate his latest offerings in the same way as those who were there then.

All this being said, had this album been a debut offering from a new artist I'm sure the criticisms i have heard may not be as severe, but then again maybe it would not have been recognized by a modern producer had it not had the bob dylan name tagged to it.

It seems to me people crave one last master piece from Dylan, I feel he neither owes it to us nor is capable of rediscovering that spark or space of mind that created the legend that is Dylan...That entity no longer exists and it is time to move on with him, or remember what it was we loved about his earlier efforts and just be glad that they exist at all.
daysleeper1985 is offline   Reply With Quote