Music Banter - View Single Post - Dire Straits Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Cat
..Just Not Your Kind

Dire Straits are one of my favorite all time bands and i have been a huge fan for years, it is one of my greatest regrets that i have never seen them live. IMO they have not made a bad album...All Dire Straits albums are created equal authough some are more equal than others! unfortunatly i must agree that Brothers in Arms their weakest album, but its still a great album and made at the peak of their career and there is a unfortunate trend for people to dislike a bands most popular album, i think Boo Boo made this comment on the Chili Peppers thread...and i'm not pointing fingers at anyone here!
Making Movies is my favorite album with the classic Romeo & Juliet a song writing truimph! Tunnel of Love though being the stand out track and its also probably my favorite track of all time. The self titled debut is also supurb with the defining Sultans of Swing.
Any fans out there should check this out recorded in 1979 it shows their raw talent IMO its as good a live album as Alchemy, which does include Telegraph Road which i think is one of the greatest live tracks ever.

The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote