Music Banter - View Single Post - Dire Straits Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...e-you-die.html

I only just started it. Expected to finish it sometime early 2010.
Jesus man youre ambitious, I had a quick look.
I noticed Pearl Jam's 'Vitalogy' which is one of my personal favourites of their's (probably 2nd after 'Yield').
Have you ever had the actual cd, its like a book and has lots of weird shiit inside like :
"We know little of the life of early mankind, but we are reasonably sure that some lived to be 500 & up to 900 years of age".
It also has this mad index at the back where if you go to "Itching(Private Parts)" it has this big picture of a beetle lol.

I actually think its linked to the songs in some way as there is actually one of the songs is called 'Bug'. Perhaps similar idea to Paul Weller's '22 Dreams' (if you've read the booklet(s)).

By the way I actually have a book called 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, but what i found when i bought it was that not only were there a lot of albums I owned in it, there were also a lot of albums that weren't in it that I would have liked in it.
In that book is where I first read about the likes of Sonic Youth & others I cant remember right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote