Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #153 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

[QUOTE=Bulldog;651559]It's very long (as the two-DVD format might suggest), but naturally that means it's very informative. Scorsese did a great job with it - there's a kind of shopping list of all the people from the Greenwich Village scene that Dylan cited as influences (Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams, Leadbelly and about a gazillion more) throughout with snippets of their work to go with it. With the talking heads he interviews as well, there's just about every plausible avenue of information covered as well.

Great watch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it [/QUOTE

By the way I just watched the DVD, was on for about 3-4 hours man! was up mostly all night watching it, although intended to as I'm on nightshift tonight anyway. I found it very interesting to learn his biggest influence was 'Woody Guthrie' & that he went to visit him when he was ill. A
Also another thing I found interesting was the 'folk pureists' who booed him when he went electric as in my opinion he should be praised for embracing two different styles of music.

Anyway overall a very well made, well informative, excellent film.
It has actually changed my view of his early folkier works, which I wasnt too into in the past & will probably dig out for re-listening.

All In All ,like you said, a 'great watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote