Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #155 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
There was something strangely satisfying about the fans who said 'he's doing what he wants - if you don't like it you can lump it' (or something along those lines). I'm actually more a fan of his electric work myself - it's a personal taste thing. As I said earlier in the thread, I'm no huge fan of Dylan on the whole. I still like his early 'pure folk' material (for want of a better phrase), just not as much as the later stuff. Having watched the film though has made me curious enough to get hold some of it when I can though, and that's partly what makes it such a good documentary.

Very interesting film - even if he's not quite one of my favourite artists, he's got some fascinating stories to tell.
Well, I already had most of his material, including the early folk stuff when I got the movie so it was kind of an eye-opener for me & I will probably be backtracking through the albums I havent really payed much attention too.

Im a much bigger fan of his mid 70s-present stuff. I like a lot of his 80s records and feel they are massively overrated. 'Infidels' & 'Oh Mercy' to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote