Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Rush - Moving Pictures

Track Listing:

1. Tom Sawyer
2. Red Barchetta
3. YYZ
4. Limelight
5. The camera eye
6. Witch hunt (Part III of Fear)
7. Vital signs

Album Review:
OOoooh yes. A Rush album. This is the album that really got me listening to Rush. I'm a little new to them sadly. I wish I could have found out about them earlier. Their sounds are so clean. They vocals are great. Not to mention the drummer I would kill to be. Critics say this band is quote "Humorous and boring and pretentious" Well what do I have to say to the critics? Blow me. This band is great. Although I did find out about them in a sort of "lame" way. So heres the story. The first time I heard a song from Rush was when I was playing Guitar Hero. Yes ladys and gentlemen....Guitar Hero. But hey everyone has to learn some where. Anyways. The first song I heard was YYZ then Tom Sawyer then Working Man. After I heard those songs I was like "WOW! This band is not half bad." So I ran to the mall and picked up this CD. I have spent countless nights listening to it. I just put it in and listen to it to fall asleep. No I don't fall asleep because it is boring, I fall asleep because the sounds are just so soothing. I don't think there is any vocalist that can top the vocals of Rush. Anyways, if you have never heard Rush you must live in a cave. (like I was). So check out their songs Tom Sawyer,Working Man,and YYZ. YYZ is the greatest work of art I have ever heard. It's an enlightening instramental that you could listen too on a bad day that would make you "perk" up. I would rate this album a 9/10 because I really disapprove of short albums. I would rather them have put about 13 songs on than just 7, this being because I want to here more Rush for my money.