Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

Track Listing

1. The Poet and the Pendulum
2. Bye Bye Beautiful
3. Amaranth
4. Cadence of Her Last Breath
5. Master Passion Greed
6. Eva
7. Sahara
8. Whoever Brings the Night
9. For the Heart I Once Had
10. The Islander
11. Last of the Wilds
12. 7 Days to the Wolves
13. Meadows of Heaven

Album Review

Man I just can't get enoughe of the bands coming out of Roadrunner Records. All of the bands in that label are just amazing. This time I come at you with a band that is a little diffrent from a gothic metal band. Nightwish is a Finnish band that has been gone for 3 years. While they were gone they were putting together this amazing album. This band is very diffrent from alot of the others. It has beautiful melodic piano peices mixed with hardcore guitar riffs. The one thing that sticks out alo though is the lead singer. The lead singer is a female. Yes a women is rocking out in a melodic metal band, and man does she really ROCK! Her voice is something like a little taste of heaven. It's so beautiful i can't get enoughe of it. This band along with Dommin have sealed my fate with gothic metal. I love it. I'll give you a little bio on this band. Nightwish is a symphonic power metal (I call it melodic metal) band that formed in Kitee,Finland in 1996. The have sold more than 5 milluion CD's worldwide. They have released 7 studio albums and plan to release an 8th soemtime next year. I really think you guys should check out this band. They are amazing. They are that kind of band that when you listen to them you get tingly inside. I rate this album a 10/10 because a women that rocks that hard deserves every 10 in the world. Below is a sample of a song off this CD. Give it a listen you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/mus...px?songID=1858