Music Banter - View Single Post - Neil Young
Thread: Neil Young
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
Neil Young is awesome, great stuff. Was he in the highwaymen? I didnt realize he was still puting stuff out, I suppose 40 plus albums isnt enough.
much love.
appreciated.
No he wasnt in the Highwaymen, perhaps your getting confused with an 1985 country album (released in the same year as 'Highwayman')
he did (called 'Old Ways') with Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings- all 3 of which were in The Highwaymen along with Johnny Cash.

The song 'Highwayman' is a fantastic song- good lyrics in:

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride
With sword and pistol by my side
Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade
Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade
The bastards hung me in the spring of twenty-five
But I am still alive.

Although it wasnt originally written by these guys (Jimmy Webb originally wrote it) they bring it to life and I like how they all sing a verse each; acting out the parts if you like.

I personally love Willie Nelson & Johnny Cash, I think Waylon Jennings has a bit of a dodgy voice though lol. Ive not heard any Kris Kristofferson yet but I like his voice from what Ive heard from the 'Highwayman' album.

Other good songs include: 'Desperados Waiting For A Train', 'Welfare Line', 'The Last Cowboy Song', 'Deportee (Plane Wreck At Los Gatos) (a Woody Guthrie cover)' & 'The Twentieth Century Is Almost Over'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote