Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Type O Negative - October Rust

Track Listing
  1. Bad Ground
  2. Thanks from the Band
  3. Love You to Death
  4. Be My Druidess
  5. Green Man
  6. Red Water (Christmas Mourning)
  7. My Girlfriend's Girlfriend
  8. Die With Me
  9. Burnt Flowers Fallen
  10. In Praise of Bacchus
  11. Cinnamon Girl
  12. The Glorious Liberation of the People's Technocratic Republic of Vinnland by the Combined Forces of the United Territories of Europa
  13. Wolf Moon
  14. Haunted
  15. Bye from the Band
(Track list taken from Wikipedia-Thanks)

Album Review

October Rust is the fourth album released by Type O Negative. It was released in 1996. This album has more of a gothic rock feel to it than any other album released by this band before this album was released. This is a great album by Type O Negative. I just recently got into gothic rock. I explain how in my earlier reviews. The vocals in this are great. This album contains a cover of Neil Youngs "Cinnamon Girl". A much much heavier cover. For people who are Neil Young purists and don't like to hear cover songs by their favorite bands... Give this one a shot. You won't be dissapointed. This album had me listening from the start. I've only listened to it about 1 1/2 times, but i'm not dissapointed yet. This album at it's peak reached number 42 on the billboard top 200. If you have never heard of this band or have never listened to them check them out. You won't be dissapointed. I rate this album a 8/10 because the vocals are great but I really don't like "Joke intro's".