Music Banter - View Single Post - You have to listen to this
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #196 (permalink)
Kamikazi Kat
Music Addict

Xinlisupreme
tommorow never comes

The first thing you are going to notice with this album is that most of it contains thick walls of noise, rough samples with heavy post-production to create as much noise as possible to the point where it smothers any melody that may actually be present. This album is going to come across is almost unlistenable to some, even some fans of noise music might be turned down by it. Its not neccesarily the sound itself that might annoy some. I'm a fan of noise music, dissonance, loud feedback, and noise are nothing new to me. Its the sheer amount of layers of noise, the almost constant amount of short delay echo added to almost everything that might annoy some. To describe the sound, think of that muffled, echo-y sound that you hear when standing outside of a small, cramped bar where some band is playing. Now think of having the outside of wall of one of these buildings being put up against both of your ears, sort of like headphones, all with rapidly looped samples, synthesizers, electronic drums and tons of noise.

Now, lets get to the songs themselves. The melody being smothered by walls of sound is used throughout the album, notably in songs such as "All You Need is Love Was Not True" and "Kyoro." Some tracks such as "Suzu" sway away from this style and instead much more abstract and free sounding or "Goodbye for All" with an eeiry, odd video game-like sound.

Overall, I'm not really sure what to think of this album. I still feel undecided as I never really felt like I really enjoyed this album, yet I could see what kind of sound the musician was aiming for and can understand what he is trying to do.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote