Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #602 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
I hope there is a God........cuz I don't want to die and nothing happens

cuz then there is no point in living and having memories if you can't carry them with u
be as happy as you possibly can while you are existent now and in the future. People lose their memories everyday due to disease, accident, etc... they still have to go on living without knowing who they are, just be thankful while you are here now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
There's no point in living if you don't go existig after you're dead .. so the whole point of life is that you'll remember it in the afterlife? Life only has worth from the perspective of being dead? There's no point in existing if you're not gonna do it forever?

I don't really get that logic and neither do I believe in an afterlife. That whole point of view seems rather bleak and depressing by my standards :p
yeah, I sometimes get wrapped up in a morbid way of thinking. Since I am a songwriter and most of my favorite musicians are dead I tend to glorify the whole "my art still survives after I don't" thing and it's not healthy. Sure the idea of me being gone and some kid listening to me is wonderful but the idea of me not existing and never knowing that kid is listening to me is super frightening and sad. I want to be around to enjoy any successes I achieve. I know this isn't exactly the point being made but it made me think of it.