Music Banter - View Single Post - Temporary Bannings
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Vitalogy
Groupie

Firstly, I will start by saying that this is Mirroball95.
Please note I have created this second account for the sole purpose of making one post, in order to put my point across, which I feel in two weeks time will not be relevant. I will further prove this by not making any additional posts apart from this one.

As for 'spamming' I do not think I have done any of this on purpose. I think what you could be referring to when you say this is sometimes when I post I reply to the topical subject in hand and sometimes also make other 'PS' comments etc, which I wasn't aware werent allowed and will refrain from doing this in the future. But I havent been told about anything other than the infraction i got for posting the reply to Sleepy Jack, which I fully understood.

I can totally understand why the bannings have been issued out, just feel that I have been dragged into a lot of what has been apparantley CoryAllen and Darkest Hour's doing. Dont get me wrong, I am not innocent in the past, but was relatively new to forums at that time and have since made an effort to change and I hope it didnt go unnoticed.

I understand there will be people who just wont accept me on here, simply for silly things I have posted in the past but unfortunately, I cant change that.
I also dont see all my posts as being totally unworthwile as I am always willing to introduce people to new music, share it/learn about it and a lot of my music based posts/threads I have put a lot of time and effort into.

I know I had made the stupid poll threads and the 'Mirrorball95 Debate' and realise that this is pointless and wont be making threads like them again.
I must stress also that I am not looking to ruin your site and I only made those particular threads in good humour.

Additionally, if this is anything to do with the 'Xtranormal Videos' thread which I have been doing recentley, then all I needed was notification from a particular Mod and I would have stopped it right away. It is just a light humoured thread and I am fully aware it has nothing to do with music, which is why I have posted it in the Lounge section, where it is most suitable.
Also I havent just been solely contributing to the Lounge area of the site, yes it has been the bulk of my input for the past few days, but have still been making regular contributions towards the music side of the site.

I must say that I understand the Mods position and can see it from their point of view that they have a music site forum to run and have to do all the dirty work i.e. cleaning up threads, things that are so easy for normal members like myself not to think about when posting.

I also respect the Mods, although you may not believe this as I have made a second account, for the fact that they dont pull you up for silly little things all the time such as double posting, every time you do it and I think that this respect is owed in a sense when it comes to viewing it this way.
The moderators are probably the most laid back and down to earth you will find on any site.

I just feel as though I have been treated unfairly. Finally, though I must stress that despite all this, I accept this ban as I understand it from the viewpoint of the moderators that they cant ban two and leave one out/have to be equally fair etc.

Finally, I must stress again that I am not looking to spite you moderators by doing this, simply just to put my point across.
So absolutely, I have no qualms about you deleting this account the minute I have posted this. Also if the ban is to be increased because I have made this account, then I ask it to be permanent as I dont see the point in coming back on after any more than 2 weeks of abscense.
Vitalogy is offline   Reply With Quote