Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default Our genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
I liked Dichotomy.
What genre is your band, specifically rock, or a subgenre, like punk?
Hi again, Trauma!
I'm glad to hear you liked Dichotomy. That's actually one of our (spouse Paul's and my) favorites, because it is based on issues and situations with which we are personally familiar here in the MidWest.

I'm not well-versed in band genres, but I would say (based on what I've read about genres in order to answer your question) that our genre is "Folk Revival Rock." From what I've read, Folk Revival music was revived Folk music of the 60s and 70s (revived from folk music that was popular before it died out during the U.S. anti-communist, anti-liberal McCarthy era) in which folk artists attempted to communicate concerns for peace and global injustices (which, of course, is what we are trying to do in Vegangelica).

I find I love to write about ironic situations...and I have sat and listened many more times than I wish to people ask for the food to be "blessed" while I stare at some dead turkey or roast pig or cow. I think "Dichotomy" captures my anger and sadness over this needless killing fairly well.

Thanks for asking about our genre. It made me consider and learn more about what genre we actually are! --Erica

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 06-12-2009 at 12:14 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote