Music Banter - View Single Post - Health Care Legislation to cost $1 trillion
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Socialization of healthcare is the only answer. That or the total abolition of the health insurance industry. Let's make hospitals and doctors compete with each other just like every other type of business has too.
Great idea. Abolish an entire industry in the middle of an economic downturn with unemployment already much higher than expected.

The timing of this is my biggest argument against it. Makes absolutely zero sense to do this right now. Throw that on top of all campaign stating there would be no tax on health benefits given to employees and he's already reneged on that stating he's giving it a thought.

The 'pubs in Congress are about as devoid of good leadership as the Democrats [who have Pelosi and Reid!], which leads to the Dems going about this completely the wrong way and the 'pubs drawing the wrong lines in the sand.

Throw in the fact that there isn't even a proposal for this...just his good ole "call for change" that will lead us to another inept "stimulus" bill on steroids. The fact that he supports a single payer system is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard of.

I have little to no doubt that there will be major change to healthcare. I'd be willing to bet it fails. We have leaders right now that have a penchant for throwing the government into things it knows nothing about. This idea is a great one in theory but not practical.

Last edited by IamAlejo; 06-14-2009 at 04:51 PM.
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote