Music Banter - View Single Post - Health Care Legislation to cost $1 trillion
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #39 (permalink)
Hesher
Palm Muted

Quote:
Originally Posted by asshat View Post
Don't you find anything unsettling about for-profit law enforcement? They're should only be as many cops as are absolutely necessary. Certain things like police and corrections shouldn't be for-profit. If your trying to expand your business what incentive do you have to stop crime?What incentive do you have not to put more people in jail for increasingly minor infractions.
That's exactly what I'm saying. Police, firemen, etc. are all public services that our governments have decided to socialize in order to provide them to everyone, and health care, in my opinion, should be like that. I find for-profit or private government industries pretty unsettling, for sure. I actually wrote a paper for Sociology this year about how the for-profit prison system in California is supported by things like mandatory minimums that are essentially nothing more than political grandstanding. Private ownership of what should be public, not-for-profit corporations is totally the wrong way to go. We agree, dude.
Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote