Music Banter - View Single Post - Heaven and Hell
Thread: Heaven and Hell
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
I think the thing is that Cunning here doesn't believe in God, but he exists - or - he doesn't believe in an afterlife, but he's a bit scared there is one and what you experience after death is sentience without actually being able to do anything.

Well, not sure what you expect from us. It's a pretty wild idea. It's a bit like saying : What if when you die, you wake up and realize your whole life as a human was a dream. In fact, you are a princess in a fantasy world much like Lord of the Rings who was put to sleep by a witch's spell.

I can say it's probably not like that, but I'm not sure if that makes you feel better.
I don't believe in God. I believe when your body dies, the mind dies with it. The thing people aren't getting is the hypotheticalness of my question.

I ask WHAT IF you lead your life right because you believe there is an afterlife and you WHAT IF SOMEHOW you realise whilst you're dead, that there is no afterlife. How would you feel?

If I believed in God and thought the reward would be heaven, I'd be most displeased.
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote