Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #672 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
You attack something you clearly know nothing about. It seems like you are trying to sound smart by attacking something which is regularly attacked. Of course, these days one can bull**** there way around a true argument by just spouting out cliches.

What about Greek Mythology or Norse Mythology for that matter? They are just as much fairy tales. Albert Camus writes, "Myths are made for the imagination to breathe life into them." If you take the Bible as myth, you should be able to find some value by breathing your own life into it.

Neither. I was pointing out the fact that all he is doing is reciting the cliches to make himself look like a smart atheist.

You could have a reason such as your family choosing it and such. You can't have a real reason though. What I mean is that the choice's will would have never originated in you. Take for instance the idea that you choose a religion because it has a morality you agree with. Well, why didn't you just use that morality in the first place without believing in a god?

The reasons are illogical and therefore irrational.
You have read the bible, correct?

And do you consider yourself of a specific religion?

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote