Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Piss Me Off
Moodswings n' Roundabouts

Nominated by Jackhammer

Pink Floyd

I could go into huge detail about this band but almost everybody knows who they are and probably own something by them. They have spent a staggering 700+ weeks on the billboard charts but ask the average joe what they look like and they wouldn't have a clue. They have never thrust their politics down anyones throat and are notoriously media wary.

Their album covers alone are works of art and for better or worse they have been instrumental in pushing production quality to the max.

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is better than Sgt. Peppers (released in the same year) with the opening track still sounding extraordinary after 40 years.

David Gilmour is a superlative guitarist and Roger Waters was a brilliant lyricist. Syd Barrett's influence is still heard today in guitar based pop music. Oh and David Gilmour sold one of his houses a few years ago and gave all the money to shelter- a homeless charity (a cool £million+), a fact little known because he didn't big himself up for it. Vote them in. you know you want to.

Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape